Natural gas is an efficient, cost-effective option for home heating, cooking, and more. At Bedell Home Services, we help ensure it’s also a safe option with quality gas line installation, replacement, and repair services.
We’re a family-owned and operated business and care about the good people of Carmel, IN. We also have over 30 years of experience and are committed to providing nothing less than the highest quality services possible at fair rates.
Our expert gas fitters can also install natural gas appliances of types. We offer everything from furnace installation to water heater replacement!
Gas Pipe Repair: Common Gas Line Problems
While gas systems are usually very economical, problems with your line can increase monthly bills and even be hazardous. Our gas line repair specialists can fix a wide range of issues, such as:
- Joint and connector problems occur as their protective layer wears out over time, leading to leaks and other issues. Joint damage is the most common problem our technicians encounter.
- Cracked seals are difficult to diagnose without proper experience. Your bell joint and spigot drying out can cause cracks in your gas system that make unusual noises.
- Improper fittings that were either installed incorrectly or are not the proper size can cause leaks and reduce efficiency.
We have the experience and tools to quickly assess and repair your gas line to keep your utility bills low, and more importantly, ensure your family is safe.
When to Consider Gas Pipe Replacement
Our experienced technicians can fix almost any problem with your gas line, but pipes that are failing due to age may be better to replace than repair. Replacement is often a more cost-effective solution than repairs if your gas line is over 10 years old and you notice:
- Increasing gas bills regardless of your usage
- Decreased appliance efficiency
- The smell of rotten eggs or sulfur
- Visible damage
Sulfuric odors suggest you have a gas leak. Turn off the gas, exit the area, and call us. We offer gas leak detection services 24/7.
BBQ Gas Line Installation and Appliance Hook-Up
When pipes are properly installed, and appliances hooked up correctly, natural gas is a very safe fuel source.
Our team can make sure that both those requirements are met. Whether you need a gas line run for a new appliance or are just replacing an existing appliance and want to make sure it’s hooked up properly, we’re here for you.
We even handle BBQ gas line installation for patios, porches, and other outdoor entertaining spaces. Let out team take your outdoor kitchen to the next level!